Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sweet Details

We're excited to kick off our new hotcake line in the blogosphere and more excited to share the sweet details about our new hotcakes and the chef who created them. While we've been in business for more than 50 years, we're new to the blogosphere, and we'd love to hear your feedback and tips/criticisms on our style, topics, etc.

To start, my name is JC. I work on the communications team here, and I'll be your inside look at Bob Evans Stacked and Stuffed Hotcakes and our partnership with our hometown affiliate of Habitat for Humanity. (We've heeded the warnings of Seth Godin, Peter Davidson, Shel Israel, Shel Holtz and many more about product blogs so I won't be ghost writing for our Roasted Caramel Apple Cream hotcake about its adventure through the magical grill line to the powdered sugar palace.)

A quick preview of what's to come: tips for making your own Stacked and Stuffed hotcakes, an at home, do-it yourself recipe for Stacked and Stuffed hotcakes, interviews with our Senior Development Chef Brian Murphy who created the product, updates on the eBay auction and our Habitat affiliate partnership and pics/video from you eating and talking about our Stacked and Stuffed Hotcakes. Just post your pictures on Flickr and videos on YouTube with the tag "bobevans" (we'll find them and post them on the blog) or e-mail them to blog@bobevans.com. Check back, I'll post a few times a week with new info/pictures/videos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work at Bob Evans and how sweet it is when the dish sink sprayer hits the apple hotcake plate, it's like the aroma is released all over again. Pretty nice perk.

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of Bob Evans. It is my favorite chain restaurant. Everything is great. I especially love the Cinammon Hotcakes. When they were taken off the menu, I wrote a letter and was surprised when they were put back on! Unfortunately, there is no Bob Evans near my town (Washington, DC), but whenever I travel, I always stop for meals at Bob Evans. (1) Build a Bob Evans in DC (or very close by--nearest is 20 miles away). (2) Keep up the great pancake work! Salute!!